Genesis - The Invisible Touch Tour 1986/87

• They certainly didn't play it by the time they got to Leeds Roundhay Park!

Judging from what I remember of the make up of the audience, I don't think many of them would have recognised Apocalypse if it jumped up and bit them.

• If I remember correctly it was dropped after Australia / NZ. There are two possible reasons for this. One is the challenging singing that MoonlitKnight mentioned, the other is an interview bit Phil did back then basically saying that the drumming was quite challenging and he fucked it up on one or two nights and decided to change it. I am still trying to find the correct quote (if there is one), cause this is all based on stuff I read in forums etc.

... make tomorrow today!

• It was dropped after New Zealand and never got played on the Australian leg. There is a recording of that last performance and you can hear Phil's poor voice breaking a number of times in Apocalypse and ASAEIE. He clearly gets rattled in Apocalypse as he completely messes up the words also:

• It was dropped after New Zealand and never got played on the Australian leg. There is a recording of that last performance and you can hear Phil's poor voice breaking a number of times in Apocalypse and ASAEIE. He clearly gets rattled in Apocalypse as he completely messes up the words also:

That’s tough to listen to, but I guess expected as he had been singing his heart out for an entire decade at that point. I’ve always thought Apocalypse sounded like an incredibly demanding vocal piece, even on the album, Peter sounds like he’s straining. Singing like a banshee like that for years on end will inevitably do permanent damage. Same thing happened to Robert Plant.

• That’s tough to listen to, but I guess expected as he had been singing his heart out for an entire decade at that point. I’ve always thought Apocalypse sounded like an incredibly demanding vocal piece, even on the album, Peter sounds like he’s straining. Singing like a banshee like that for years on end will inevitably do permanent damage. Same thing happened to Robert Plant.

ouch ...

besides, Phil never took lessons or did anything to train his singing ability, that also wasn't good.

... make tomorrow today!

• I saw Genesis in Detroit that tour. We slept out for tickets with 500 others. Fantastic.

My buddy and I were air-drumming to ITC/Medley, waiting for Afterglow, and when heard Apocalypse 9/8 we freaking lost it.

I think the best concert version is King Biscuit at the Los Angeles Forum: Touch To Supper's Ready

• I saw Genesis in Detroit that tour. We slept out for tickets with 500 others. Fantastic.

My buddy and I were air-drumming to ITC/Medley, waiting for Afterglow, and when Apocalypse 9/8 we freaking lost it.

I think the best concert version is King Biscuit at the Los Angeles Forum: Touch To Supper's Ready

I had a 45 minute drive to make today. About halfway thru the drive Supper’s Ready came on the radio (Sirius XM Deep Tracks). Talk about a divine trip.