Why Steve Hackett left Genesis

• in all fairness, people keep asking him the question....but is a very old story and not sure anyone has too much interest in something that is well documented and happened over 40 years ago!

• I guess as he still plays the old stuff it's a question he keeps getting asked..He is the only original to play the greatest music ever made so thanks Steve .

• Well, I have said before that this person is only here to cause trouble. 4 posts, and not a positive comment among them.

Thank you for your support. Nice to know there are 1 or 2 decent people on here.

Ian

Works with chess - Not with life

• Steve seems to have Rogers Waters syndrome.

Well, given he doesn't claim to have written everything during his tenure (far from it) and given he is quite complimentary about songs others wrote, that seems unlikely. As your post in "Will Roger Waters ever shut up" seems to be a set-up for this one line comment, I think you might be clutching at straws.

It's not a crime to have personality clashes with other members of bands, look at the Police as one example. I guess it's a bit like having to share a forum with people you can't choose to have as members. You can carry on regardless, or walk.

Ian

Works with chess - Not with life

• in all fairness, people keep asking him the question....but is a very old story and not sure anyone has too much interest in something that is well documented and happened over 40 years ago!

Indeed, and in fact I can't be bothered to watch the video. But since he's the keeper of the flame, so to speak, the question is bound to pop up on a regular basis!

• I suppose he left Genesis because he didn’t want to be in it anymore. Not that complicated.

Ringo and George walked out of the Beatles but went back, Steve didn’t go back. He had a hand in a lot of their material so he’s entitled to play it, ( as were /are Ringo and George with Beatles stuff) Steve having spent most of the 80s 90s and early 2000s not cashing in and trying all sorts of different things. They are all still above ground and performing for now and good on ‘em. I doubt they will ever share a stage again and why should they? although I’d love to see it happen. I suppose he has to come up with an answer when he’s asked the question about why he left and by and large he is very professional about it. They could be a bit more positive about out Steve’s work but then why should they if they don’t like it? A dignified silence might be best all round. Sure, if they had all managed to stay together they might have produced more classics but separately they have produced a wealth of material, of uneven quality, with something for almost everyone.