New Genesis projects.

• From a new interview to Genesis manager Tony Smith from IQ magazine.

"There a couple of other Genesis projects in the background at the moment , we're looking into orchestral stuff and thinks like that"

What does he mean?

Maybe with Steve involvement?

Stuff for Christian.....

• Official Post

This is the link to the interview

A rare (and recent) interview with Genesis manager TONY SMITH.

Read it here: https://www.iq-mag.net/2022/04…ager-tony-smith-50-years/

actually I have never heard of an orchestra project before. To me it looks unlikely the band is involved in terms of recording something, so we’ll see.

Pretty sure there will be back catalogue stuff available sooner or later.

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• Obviously speculation but I took it to mean Tony is doing some more classical. He goes on to say basically he doesn’t know what Phil and Mike will do but there’s always stuff on the go

• I really hope they won't do anything involving "classical music" with the Genesis catalogue. That could only mean they take existing recordings and mix them with new classical, orchestral recordings =O

Hope he was referring to Tony B!

... make tomorrow today!

• He could mean that someone will do arrangements of Genesis songs for classical instruments, which could have potential, with or without vocals. Gabriel's New Blood worked quite well, at least for some songs.

• He could mean that someone will do arrangements of Genesis songs for classical instruments, which could have potential, with or without vocals. Gabriel's New Blood worked quite well, at least for some songs.

It's already been done a few times. I've got one called "We Know What We Like" by the London Symphony. I've got another one by a chamber music quartet. I'm pretty sure I have one or two others.

• It's already been done a few times. I've got one called "We Know What We Like" by the London Symphony. I've got another one by a chamber music quartet. I'm pretty sure I have one or two others.

I have “We Know What We Like” as well. Listened to it once, slid it back in its album sleeve, and never listened to it again. It might be interesting to consider Tony doing classical arrangements of some of the Genesis catalog.

• Was just thinking, wouldn't it be good for the band to release an official live albulm for both the Mama and Invisiable Touch Tours.

It's crazy that this period has been "officially" underexposed and even the video releases didn't include the full setlists / variations.

• They have done Elvis and Johnny Cash albums where they have orchestras play the music and they use the pre-recorded vocals from the albums.

So we will probably have the London Philharmonic accompanying Phil Collins on Jesus He Knows Me and I Can’t Dance.

• Was just thinking, wouldn't it be good for the band to release an official live albulm for both the Mama and Invisiable Touch Tours.

It's crazy that this period has been "officially" underexposed and even the video releases didn't include the full setlists / variations.

I agree with this, whatever about the 70s when they weren't that well known and recording shows was a big undertaking, by 1987 they were one of the two or three biggest bands in the world. How they managed to come away without a proper document of the in the cage medley with SR is beyond me.

• I’d pay through the nose for a proper version of a show from the 1982 Encore Tour. The cleanest bootlegs from that tour are the show at the Marquee and the soundboard from Saratoga Springs. As much as everyone raves about the Marquee show the band was not at its sharpest that night—Mike’s guitar solo during Abacab is incredibly sloppy, Supper’s Ready is plodding, and the transition from The Lamb to Watcher is completely mucked up. As for the Saratoga Springs recording, it sounds like it was made in a soundproof booth. The drums and the audience noise are both extremely muffled.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Daryl Stuermer Symphony Concert

It's got some good stuff on it! 8)

• Great interview, thanks for the heads-up. As TS says, the 2007 Rome concert was spectacular. So what about a blu ray Tony? you managed to put one out for Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets. And don't make us wait too long for the other Genesis projects, none of us are getting any younger - apparently except for you!