Your favorite tracks on ... "Trespass"

• I would have been six.

It would be another eight years before I heard my first Genesis song - or at least heard a song on the radio that piqued my interest enough for me to take note of the band.

Interesting point. I think I first heard something by them that set my antennae twitching in around 1976. Either on the radio, or something I overheard my brother playing. If not recalling exactly when, I do remember the two things that captured my attention - the final section of The Musical Box, and Carpet Crawlers.

Abandon all reason

• Interesting point. I think I first heard something by them that set my antennae twitching in around 1976. Either on the radio, or something I overheard my brother playing. If not recalling exactly when, I do remember the two things that captured my attention - the final section of The Musical Box, and Carpet Crawlers.

Very fine things to capture one's attention! I was mesmerized by carpet crawlers also when I was little and first heard it. So much so that - pre-CD and mp3 - I made a cassette with a whole side consisting of some live version of CC off an Italian bootleg (I think it might actually have been the Seconds Out version) repeating over and over for me to fall asleep to.

• As my birthday falls toward the end of October I would have been 5 coming up to 6 when it was released

“Without music, life would be a mistake”