20, 21, 22 September | Genesis live in BIRMINGHAM | reports **SPOILERS**

• Hi - Cannot find a link to ful audio of 22 Sep anywhere - either on this forum or internet - anyone have a link to a full audio/video of the Weds night. Phil did sit with the backing singers during second Home - I was in the centre block 10 rows back and could see him clearly watching Nic.

• Official Post

This is a full audio from the second day

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This is a full audio from the second day

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks Christian - great sound - any idea if anyone has the 3rd night in full?

• FeelItComing I was there on the 22nd. he didn't leave the stage. He went to sit behind Daryl & Mike (in front of the backing singers) to watch Nic play the drums. I could see his head.

Right. Thanks so much for clearing that up. It didn't occur to me that he'd be doing that - I just assumed he'd stay in his seat and turn to face Nic.

• Speaking of jarring, the transition from "Fading Lights" to "Cinema Show" sounds super abrupt and out of nowhere to near me.

That was a shock indeed. Nevertheless the medley somehow works. It begins and ends with melancholy tracks about the end of things / time and has this powerful playing in the middle.

• Sorry if this has been asked before but will there be a DVD/live CD of the tour? As a continental European I am not going to attend any shows, I would purchase a live disc by any means.

Don't worry, Tony Smith will have a plan for this and, no doubt, a Plan B as well. He might even give the green light to a Blu-ray version of When In Rome as a bonus.

• I gotta say I'm enjoying the quick appearance of relatively high quality audio and video. Long way from the days of spending an hour downloading a single fuzzy track over dial up!

I remember the very first MP3 I ever downloaded was the CAS launch at Cape Canaveral in 1997. Was that 10 minutes or so? Took me 30 minutes to download and I then popped it onto a cassette because I had just one PC and it was hooked up to a rather mediocre sound system in my bedroom.

• Sorry if this has been asked before but will there be a DVD/live CD of the tour? As a continental European I am not going to attend any shows, I would purchase a live disc by any means.

Well....we know the "dress rehearsals" were filmed so that they could be streamed/released in the event of the tour being cancelled due to Covid. Presumably they'll see the light of day in some form.

I'd love for a proper concert Blu-Ray however....I wonder if they'll professionally film (well...video) the three nights at the O2 next week? And possibly use the dress rehearsal footage as extras.

I really want to see a live album on vinyl too.

But....as things stand, we don't know.

And we don't know if they might tour Europe next year. Tony Smith long ago said that the plan was to do these UK/US dates then to see how everyone felt about doing more. Bare in mind that all these hypothetical dates will actually already be booked, because venues this size get booked months or even years in advance. If they want to wait a few months and then continue into continental Europe in the spring of 2022, you can bet the venues are already booked. I know Phil has been quoted as saying it's the end after these upcoming shows....but that interview has not actually been published so we don't know the context. He also seems to be really enjoying performing so even if he was reluctant before, might have changed his mind.

On the DVD/BD/live album and on more tour dates....we just don't know yet.

• I remember the very first MP3 I ever downloaded was the CAS launch at Cape Canaveral in 1997. Was that 10 minutes or so? Took me 30 minutes to download and I then popped it onto a cassette because I had just one PC and it was hooked up to a rather mediocre sound system in my bedroom.

I remember looking for the CAS b sides online. The sound of a dial tone, then the oscillating white noise and various bleeps, blips and bloops while it connected. Then boom! Connected, downloading, and no one could make a phone call for an hour 😆.