re-issues in the near future?

• I became a fan of the band too late to get the box sets (now out of print). does anyone expect another round of reissues? Maybe an ultimate box set of EVERYTHING??? Or should I start hitting ebay?

• Official Post

We'll check that again.

Their old record company released a Blu-ray audio of Selling England, but that wasn't in line with the band's "plans". I agree that it would be appropriate to have at least a second edition of the three boxsets (or maybe one big boxset)

• We'll check that again.

Their old record company released a Blu-ray audio of Selling England, but that wasn't in line with the band's "plans". I agree that it would be appropriate to have at least a second edition of the three boxsets (or maybe one big boxset)

We have the SEBTP Blu Ray. If they released the others I would buy every one of them.

• Official Post

yes, but they should consider a proper rerelease concept for all albums.

The Blu-ray audio was a record company release. There was no concept by the band or its management behind this. In the meantime they have changed their record company so we just have to wait and wonder what may happen - or not.

We all know these guys don't like repacking etc...

• I'd be more interested in a series of live archive releases.

That was once on the cards before eventually disappearing quietly off the radar, probably with the realisation that such a release would only appeal to diehards most of whom already have the classic live recordings - Wembley 87, Lyceum 80, Marquee 82 etc - via the Movement site.

• What about TSL on vinyl? And 'Live' (and maybe TWWW1/2) on vinyl?

I don't know why they don't put e.g. Live at the Rainbow and Lyceum 1980 on vinyl. Maybe limited releases for Record Store Day. I'd be over the moon. So many major bands do things like this, but Genesis seem to have no appetite for it at all. It's so odd.

• The recording from the Lyceum in 1980 has only ever existed in bootleg form. Again, the audience for official releases of live shows is somewhat limited. I don't know why other bands go down the route of releasing everything plus the kitchen sink - as I'm a completist I'd hate to be a King Crimson fan right now!

• Official Post

sure you have to draw the line somewhere. But in my opinion Genesis didn't do a lot. To this day we don't have a complete Wembley 1987, we don't have When In Rome on Blu-ray.

the list seems endless

complete Mama Tour

complete Three Sides live

1976 concert film stand alone release

Calling All Stations tour

Collins

Both Sides Tour

MTV Unplugged

Live And Loose complete

etc pp....

• I became a fan of the band too late to get the box sets (now out of print). does anyone expect another round of reissues? Maybe an ultimate box set of EVERYTHING??? Or should I start hitting ebay?

Your best bet is to look at amazon and ebay. I baught all of these box sets a few years ago brand new and it cost a lot. I have 2 1970-1975 boxes. The first one i bought was used for $250 cos i never thought id find a brand new one and i did lol. I think i got it for just over $300. It was a struggle trying to find them cos i wanted new never opened.

Back in the mid 2000s i had to to sell all things genesis. But ive been able to get most of it all back again over the last few years. Their are a few items id like to get but have no idea how to get them. Their was a documentry of phils finale farewell id love to have a mew copy of that. Then theirs the genesis abacab gold disc in a box. I bought for $25 at best buy. Ive seen it online for over $500.

However. In my search for getting all thing genesis again. I did happend to find a very rare Peter Gabriel box set when he reissued all his albums back in i think 2003-4-5 somewhere round then. They were released in a card board case. Numbered and all of that. This box was only ment to go to radio stations i beleive. But it was brand new i about died when i saw someone had it brand new and IN A BOX. That is still sealed up altho the shrink wrap has a tear on the seam so i put some scotch tape over it to keep it from opening. Also i was able to get brand new sealed archives 1&2 and everything else i use to have.

The original genesis stuff i had was a mix of the digitaly remasterd discs from the 90s. That had a picture of all of their cds in the middle. I guess i could try to find that but im happy with the boxes.

• Band:

'76 Concert Film stand-alone release

Match of the Day music video

Whole Lyceum'80

Whole Three Sides Live

Marquee'82

Whole Mama Tour Live

Hanover'87

Whole Wembley'87

We Can't Dance 2

Knebworth'92 official release

Collins:

Thro' These Walls music video official DVD release (one of his best videos)

Perkins'82 official DVD release

...But Seriously, The Videos official DVD release

Both Sides of the World Tour

MTV Unplugged

Whole Live and Loose

Wake Up Call music video official release

3rd Divorce album

Other Sides CD release

Remixed Sides CD release

• YES! There's no denying, there's still a treasure trove of material out there that fans would surely eat up...Everything you mentioned IWishItWouldRainDown. In particular I'd like the Unedited Lyceum 1980, Wembley '87 and Live and Loose in Paris (with a proper surround sound mix!), but what I'd really like to see is an official release of Phil's No Ticket Required concert, as well as a Both Sides Tour release. Not to mention ALL the ones they HAVE released can/should be released on Blu-Ray! I'm also sure there's several b-sides and demos Phil still hasn't released that could see the light of day (Deep Water Town anyone?)

This might require lots of work, and would be unrealistic-but I also wouldn't mind Dolby Atmos surround mixes of the Genesis and especially Phil's albums-not unlike PG's recent i/o release. Heck, I'd settle for Atlantic 75 LP releases of ALL Genesis and Phil's albums, rather than just a few-or at LEAST remastered versions of the original mixes.

Now that the band and Phil has sold their catalogues, I'm shocked that the record company they sold them to (can't remember which) hasn't jumped on this! It's been what, almost two years now? Maybe more-and not even an announcement of anything, other than a release of BBC Broadcasts, which was already almost a year ago now IIRC.

• YES! There's no denying, there's still a treasure trove of material out there that fans would surely eat up...Everything you mentioned IWishItWouldRainDown. In particular I'd like the Unedited Lyceum 1980, Wembley '87 and Live and Loose in Paris (with a proper surround sound mix!), but what I'd really like to see is an official release of Phil's No Ticket Required concert, as well as a Both Sides Tour release. Not to mention ALL the ones they HAVE released can/should be released on Blu-Ray! I'm also sure there's several b-sides and demos Phil still hasn't released that could see the light of day (Deep Water Town anyone?)

This might require lots of work, and would be unrealistic-but I also wouldn't mind Dolby Atmos surround mixes of the Genesis and especially Phil's albums-not unlike PG's recent i/o release. Heck, I'd settle for Atlantic 75 LP releases of ALL Genesis and Phil's albums, rather than just a few-or at LEAST remastered versions of the original mixes.

Now that the band and Phil has sold their catalogues, I'm shocked that the record company they sold them to (can't remember which) hasn't jumped on this! It's been what, almost two years now? Maybe more-and not even an announcement of anything, other than a release of BBC Broadcasts, which was already almost a year ago now IIRC.

CONCORD is a music publishing company, not a record company as such.

About Phil's concert films: I do agree - I see no point why they never did new versions of Perkin's Palace. Mo Ticket or even Seriously in Berlin. And of course Trip into the Light.

Regarding Both Sides live - I believe there was an issue. They either only filmed some shows for TV purposes, which is not sufficient enough, or it was recorded on that typical early / mid nineties standard and won't allow transfers for HD releases in an easy way. I think Peter Gabriel releases Secret world live on Blu-ray, but it was an awful lot of work to get that in HD. Not sure, maybe someone remembers more details.

• CONCORD is a music publishing company, not a record company as such.

About Phil's concert films: I do agree - I see no point why they never did new versions of Perkin's Palace. Mo Ticket or even Seriously in Berlin. And of course Trip into the Light.

Regarding Both Sides live - I believe there was an issue. They either only filmed some shows for TV purposes, which is not sufficient enough, or it was recorded on that typical early / mid nineties standard and won't allow transfers for HD releases in an easy way. I think Peter Gabriel releases Secret world live on Blu-ray, but it was an awful lot of work to get that in HD. Not sure, maybe someone remembers more details.

I do remember hearing that "difficult transfer based on the original filming format" was an issue for Genesis' Wembley '87 concert-but they ended up still managing to convert that one to Digital. I might be understanding tech incorrectly here, but IIRC now that there's an existing digital transfer for that concert, doing a 1080p conversion should be doable. I also believe the Star Trek TNG series had this same formatting issue-and they were able to do 1080p versions that are frankly breathtaking! Granted, the Star Trek HD releases involved a painstaking restoration process.

• I do remember hearing that "difficult transfer based on the original filming format" was an issue for Genesis' Wembley '87 concert-but they ended up still managing to convert that one to Digital. I might be understanding tech incorrectly here, but IIRC now that there's an existing digital transfer for that concert, doing a 1080p conversion should be doable. I also believe the Star Trek TNG series had this same formatting issue-and they were able to do 1080p versions that are frankly breathtaking! Granted, the Star Trek HD releases involved a painstaking restoration process.

That's it! And I doubt anyone is wiling to pay the bills to do the job. Which is a shame really. Wembly, No Ticket, Way we walk... plenty of stuff worth rereleasing in HD. Even First final farewell tour. Let alone When in Rome, which IS available in HD.