Your favorite tracks on ... "Invisible Touch"

• Getting even further off topic, but... yes, that sense isn't something you really get on Genesis albums, is it? The (original) ending of "Anything She Does" is the only thing I can think of that even comes close. (In contrast, another favorite band of mine -- pre-1980s Chicago -- has quite of bit of that on various albums.)

When I remixed Abacab, I used as many of the count-ins from the bootleg of that album as were available. That kind of element wouldn't really fit their earlier music but certainly when they had their own studio, where everything sounded so fresh because it was put down on tape immediately, it fits perfectly.

I love the "agh!" at the end of Anything She Does. When Mike was interviewed about the album some years ago as part of Radio One's Classic Albums series, he said that the song had quite an organic feel to it which was why they included that at the end. Of course, Phil's done stuff like that a few times - at the end of Somewhere Over The Rainbow on Face Value we hear him say "okay" and then at the end of You've Been In Love (That Little Bit Too Long) he can be heard quoting Ringo's "I've got blisters on my fingers!". He also can be heard saying something at the end of We're Sons Of Our Fathers but I can't remember what it is.

• So reading through these comments about IT I now know there are of versions of Mama and IGGB I never knew about and don't own. Off to e bay for me now. More money I have to get rid of. Anywau changing the subject I like IT. TIAA has grown more and more on me over the years..Domino and Brazilian are my others.

• So reading through these comments about IT I now know there are of versions of Mama and IGGB I never knew about and don't own. Off to e bay for me now. More money I have to get rid of. Anywau changing the subject I like IT. TIAA has grown more and more on me over the years..Domino and Brazilian are my others.

Genesis are a great band for finding nooks and crannies!

I love the Brazilian. It's such a unique, expansive creation. However, unlike you, I've never been able to see past TIAA as a mechanics flavor ballad that she's not excite me. The studio version isn't the worst tbh but I can never not skip it on the live shows with that extended back and forth with the crowd.

• So reading through these comments about IT I now know there are of versions of Mama and IGGB I never knew about and don't own. Off to e bay for me now. More money I have to get rid of

I might be wrong but I do believe the longer versions of Mama and It's Gonna Get Better are available to download from the Movement site. If they're available there, then that means the band have no issue with it - probably because the CD single that features them is out of print. So, please, if you haven't already given your money away to someone on Ebay, check out the site.

• Invisible Touch, Land Of Confusion, and Anything She Does. It is, however, an album that I consider 'whole' and I get an enormous pleasure through complete listenings (like 'Shapes'), so it was very hard for me to pick 3.

• Tonight, Tonight, Tonight was my favorite of Genesis and my favorite of this album. Incredible sound, incredible chorus and incredible instrumental sound during the middle of the song. A masterpiece.

• Tonight, Tonight, Tonight was my favorite of Genesis and my favorite of this album. Incredible sound, incredible chorus and incredible instrumental sound during the middle of the song. A masterpiece.

agreed - plus Phil's incredible singing on that one.

... make tomorrow today!

I remember listening to the album for the very first time and TTT, and Domino stood out straightaway.

IT is not even in my top 10 Genesis albums, but at the time I remember being relieved, as I thought it was big improvement on the previous album, which was only half and album in my opinion.

• I somehow developed an affection for Anything She Does. Anyone else here who likes this tune?

Not as one of my top three, perhaps, but I've always liked it. It's one of those songs that a lot of fans dislike, isn't it?

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

• My choices were Domino, Tonight... and Brazilian.

But more recently, I somehow developed an affection for Anything She Does. Anyone else here who likes this tune?

The video is such fun it gave me a new appreciation for the song. I think it's great.

• My choices were Domino, Tonight... and Brazilian.

But more recently, I somehow developed an affection for Anything She Does. Anyone else here who likes this tune?

Enjoy it very much. It has a frenetic energy. I think because it never got played live it's somehow the forgotten track

• ASD is the worst of the songs by far.

Actually, in my opinion, ASD ranks pretty high among the tracks on IT. I think it helps that it's the only one that there isn't at least one official live version of!

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

• Actually, in my opinion, ASD ranks pretty high among the tracks on IT. I think it helps that it's the only one that there isn't at least one official live version of!

Apparently, Tony said it was too difficult to play live, hence they left it out.

Given, the nature of the song, it wouldn't really have stood well in time I guess, a bit like Illegal Alien