Wind & Wuthering

• Lots of great stuff on here and it highlights what a loss Hackett was to be. I think the whole album holds together well without being too samey. In the CD era, Inside and Out would have been included, though Pigeons and Match of the Day probably best left as pleasant B-sides. If they could have continued to produce albums of this quality, a good balance of long and shorter songs with enough to reward repeated listenings, I'd have been happier. But I don't blame them for the changes that were to come and they did still produce some great stuff. But Wind is the last album where I really liked every track- even Your Own Special Way, despite the bland solo.

• Lots of great stuff on here and it highlights what a loss Hackett was to be. I think the whole album holds together well without being too samey. In the CD era, Inside and Out would have been included, though Pigeons and Match of the Day probably best left as pleasant B-sides. If they could have continued to produce albums of this quality, a good balance of long and shorter songs with enough to reward repeated listenings, I'd have been happier. But I don't blame them for the changes that were to come and they did still produce some great stuff. But Wind is the last album where I really liked every track- even Your Own Special Way, despite the bland solo.

It's my personal all time favorite release by the band.

• That's a real shame. I was going to wade in and do a thread on Invisible Touch but thought better of it, knowing the likelihood of negative posts :(

I don't think you should hold back on your IT thread. You might find more people weigh in with positive comments than you'd expect. I only really dislike one track on it so I'd be pretty upbeat.

When I joined the board and saw there weren't dedicated album threads other than your one on CAS I thought it'd be good to get some going. The responses were variable and then the '3 tracks' threads started up and gained traction so it seemed people responded better to that format. Perhaps they prefer focusing on specific track choices rather than a more general wide-ranging discussion.

Now the two sets of threads have overlapped it seems to me to be duplication but never mind. But anyway that's why I decided to stop setting up general album threads, it seemed daft having both.

But as I said, nothing stopping you doing a general IT thread and seeing how it goes. I think there's a good basis for it - it was a huge global success and they hit their commercial peak. Suddenly it seemed everyone wanted a piece of Genesis, to own that album, buy the singles, watch the videos and go to a Genesis gig. But what do we actually think of the album itself? Commercial sell-out, or still the same Genesis but just in a different form?

Pretty good discussion to be had there, I reckon.

And of course, if anyone wishes to continue with general threads for Duke onwards they're free to do so (it just won't be me!)

Abandon all reason